Per LAFD 57.33.19, new employees are required to complete online Fire Life Safety Training within fourteen (14) days of beginning employment at 3415 Sepulveda. The building has contracted with RJ Westmore, a division of Allied Universal, to provide the online training. To login for the training, please visit the website rjwestmoretraining.com/login.aspx.
To obtain online login information for the Fire Life Safety training, please have an authorized tenant employee contact Security at (310) 391-7533.
- Do not accumulate quantities of discarded files or other paper trash in your office or storage area. Pay special attention to housekeeping in those departments that produce quantities of debris, such as duplication machines, mailing and receiving rooms.
- Do not store large quantities of flammable solvents, duplicating fluids, or other combustible fluids.
- Keep electrical appliances in good repair. Report unsafe conditions to the Building Management Office.
- When furnishing an office, consider the fire potential of materials used in large amounts, like overstuffed chairs, settees, couches or anything that could become a combustible item. Such furnishings should be flame-proofed.
- Where potential for fire is especially high, such as supply rooms, tenants may wish to consider installing additional fire extinguishers.
IF YOU DISCOVER A FIRE, you should remain calm and:
- Pull the nearest fire alarm. Alarms are located in the corridors adjacent to the stairwells.
- Call 911 from a safe location.
- Evacuate or relocate and assist all others in the immediate area.
- Close doors behind you to isolate fire.
- Proceed to stairwells and listen for instructions. NEVER use the elevators.
- Be cautious when opening doors so as not to spread the fire. Touch any door to see if it is hot before opening.
- If smoke is present, stay low and crawl with your body against the floor. The clearest air is near the floor. If forced to make a dash through smoke or flame, hold your breath and cover your nose and mouth with an article of clothing.